China is California’s third largest export market, with more than $16 billion in goods exported in 2018. The Assembly Select Committee on Asia/California Trade and Investment Promotion and the Assembly Committee on Jobs, Economic Development and the Economy discussed the effects that Trump Administration tariffs have had on the state, including its agricultural industry. California’s Lt. Governor, China’s Deputy Consul General and leaders from various trade and research organizations participated in the hearing.
Assemblymember Phil Ting (D-San Francisco) is proud to stand with a housing coalition pushing to pass legislation centered around: Production, Preservation & Protection. Their package includes three of his housing bills:
Assemblymember Phil Ting (D-San Francisco) named two organizations as his district's Non-Profits of the Year:
- The San Francisco Bike Coalition promotes bicycles for everyday transportation, making the city's streets and neighborhoods easier to navigate. You can read more about them here.
- YBike San Francisco teaches kids how to ride bikes and become more confident on city streets. You can read more about them here.
Congratulations to both and thank you for the work you do in our community!
(Sacramento, CA) -- May is Asian Pacific Islander (API) Heritage Month. The API Legislative Caucus recognizes outstanding leaders during floor ceremonies every year. The 2019 Honorees are:
- Judy Ki - Excellence in Civic Engagement
- Stewart Kwoh - Excellence in Civil Rights
- James Syhabout - Excellence in Culinary Arts
- "Crazy Rich Asians"/Represented by Adele Lim, Screenwriter - Excellence in Entertainment
- Richard Liu - Excellence in Journalism
- Lata Krishman - Excellence in Philanthrophy
- Mona Pasquil - Excellence in Public Service
Pictured left to right: Assemblymember Rob Bonta, Honoree Lata Krishman, Honoree James Syhabout, Honoree Stewart Kwoh, Assemblymember David Chiu, Assemblymember Kansen Chu, Honoree Adele Lim, Honoree Judy Ki, Assemblymember Todd Gloria and Assemblymember Phil Ting
It’s my pleasure to name Dr. Nadine Burke Harris as my district’s Woman Of The Year! She has been a pioneer in establishing the link between childhood trauma & health problems later in life, and treating the problem as a public health crisis. She’s now CA’s new Surgeon General!